Friday, September 30, 2011

bai antioxidant infusions

Bai Antioxidant Infused Beverages

While at my local Dippin' Donuts I came across some bai drinks. My youngest sister works at Dippin and the bai waters just keep staring me in the face, so Sunday I was thirsty and I jumped in the ice bin. I asked an older gentleman if I should go with the Sumatra Dragonfruit or the Jamaican Blueberry and he said Dragonfruit. I actually ended up buying and drinking both flavors. Blueberry was my favorite, but @ngocvnguyen preferred the Dragonfruit. Their claim to fame is the Coffee Fruit, the fruit that actually surrounds the coffee bean. Why coffee fruit? Well there is a method for measuring the antioxidant potency in foods. "Utilizing this method, coffee fruit is often found to provide 30-40 times the benefit of fruits like acai and pomegranate per gram." - BevNet.com. If you know me, I am a big fan of POM Wonderful and the antioxidant powers of pomegranates. What threw me off on the label of the drink is that it only contained 6% juice. How can it be good for you if only 6% is juice? Maybe bai can help me out here. All of their flavors are exotic, like the coffee fruit. I would like to see some less exotic, more popular flavors, but then again they are breaking into a new market and exotic flavors paired with the coffee fruit might just be the perfect combination. I just like drinking things that I know what they are. I guess I am just going to have to drink more bai so that I know what coffee fruit is. Upon further review, I am looking for a little more substance in my drinks. This was more like flavored water and I busted through two of them very quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment