Friday, September 23, 2011

Bossa Nova

Bossa Nova

I was craving a POM Wonderful last night, but I decided to try something new. This is where I came across Bossa Nova in the same section. I have been wanting to try an acai berry drink because the acai berry has similar antioxidants like the pomegranate. We purchased one of the original, and one of the mango flavors (2 for $5). The bottle packaging, design, and color of the drink are impressive, but I was less than impressed with this drink. I was hoping for some real substance and flavor, but it truthfully drank like water. It tasted like naturally flavored water and I didn't crave more after the first few sample tastes. I did end up drinking the whole thing, but I think I will stick to POM Wonderful. POM has much more substance, taste, and after taste that just screams healthy and tasty. Overall Bossa Nova is a pretty sub-par drink. Might just be because the acai berry is a sub-par fruit. Either way I am not buying it again.

4 comments:

  1. haha it doesn't look like a tasty beverage by its packaging. Maybe sun tan lotion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok. Maybe its the nice dark purple color that makes it look tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the sun-tan lotion statement haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha I agree with the sun-tan lotion statement

    ReplyDelete