Thursday, September 15, 2011

Stacy's Pita Chips

Stacy's pita chips

Here's the scenario. You are starving at work. It's not lunchtime and you absolutely need a snack to hold you over. You didn't bring anything today and the vending machine is your last resort. Ours is filled with Frito Lay products like Doritos and Cheetos etc, but then to my surprise I saw the words "pita chips". Sounds kinda good for you right? Over the past few weeks I have had one bag of Parmesan and one Simply Naked. The result: no stomach aches or gross feelings. I guess part of this blog is discovering foods that pass the stomach ache test. For those of you that don't know, I have severe acid reflux and I have to watch what I eat. It's a really hard thing to do for a 24 year old who has never thought twice about eating pizza every Friday night. So part of my eating transformation is finding out which brands literally don't give me stomach problems and that is a good indicator that they are healthier for you. I tried jumping into fruits and veggies, but like everything else, it takes time to adjust. So if you are stuck with vending machine food and you are starving, look for Stacy's pita chips because they are a little bit better for you than your typical vending machine snacks. Packaged goods might never be as healthy as organic, all natural foods, but we can at least try to indicate brands that are the least bad. Catch my drift?

No comments:

Post a Comment