Tuesday, September 6, 2011

New Chicken Flatbread Sandwich Taco Bell

Failed First Attempt
I went to Taco Bell last night because my dad said something about them having a new Chicken Flatbread Sandwich. When we arrived at our local Taco Bell we were presented with this sign - "We apologize but due to the chicken flatbread promotion we are temporarily out of chicken as well as chicken items. - Mgmt". At first reaction a normal consumer would be upset that they couldn't try the new product. I took a deep breath, and then thought...Good for you Taco Bell, Good for you. Their new promotional product worked so well that they ran out of the product. So I give them a pat on the back instead of getting mad at them. The hardest part of releasing a new product is predicting the future demand. How would they know how much chicken to carry? I ended up going with my standard order of 2 Cheesy Gordita Crunches, No Lettuce. I think that Taco Bell is the best in the industry when it comes to new products. You know you are a good salesman when you can sell to a salesman. AKA I know how to sell products and I am aware when I am being sold to, so if you can convince me you have done one hell of a job. I have literally tried every new product that Taco Bell releases. The most memorable being the Black Taco, which tasted just like a mini Cheesy Gordita Crunch (That's probably why I liked it, plus their commercials were ridiculous and we got a free Black Taco on Halloween). Good memories. If you look at the Taco Bell website, the new Chicken Flatbread Sandwich reminds me of a Chicken Quesadilla, just with a thicker Flatbread instead of the Tortilla. Comment or post video reviews to this product. I would love to hear what you think.

New Chicken Flatbread Sandwich, Taco Bell

2 comments:

  1. I'd say it was just "OK". I was not aware that it was going to be spicey, which I think is what threw me off. Def a must try for a second time though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried this item this past week while I was in denver. I went in thinking it was pretty much a mini quesadilla and for the most part it is. For me that is awesome because I love the chicken quesadilla and only paying 99cents for something similar is good to me. I just warn you that the way this item is prepared will make a difference. The one I had was soaked in sauce and was a little too much for me. If it is made with the right amount of sauce then you will like what you get!

    ReplyDelete