Saturday, September 3, 2011

Wódka Vodka from Poland


Wódka Vodka

I had the chance to try Wódka Vodka last night for the first time (thanks Farmer Bob!). At first look the bottle gave me the feeling of what it would be like to grow up in Poland around the time that Vodka was invented and popularized. The label has parts written in polish, and has a rustic, hand stamped look to it. No fancy logos or designs here, just a straight up stick-to-your-roots product. You can get a 750ml bottle for around $10 bucks depending on where you go. Alcohol content is 40%. Don't let the price scare you though. Here I am writing the next morning with a clear head and no hangover. We tried the Vodka straight for our first drink. It packed a hefty punch, like most vodkas do. It didn't burn on the way down, but the smell and taste is pretty intense and not recommended for the weak drinker. We then tried the Wódka and Soda and Wódka Wed Bull. (That got me thinking that they should go after Elmer Fud for a spokesperson). I recommend this vodka as a mix drink rather than a shot. When I make my drinks I like to taste the alcohol and this vodka mixed really well. I actually had to keep adding more vodka to get the kick that I like. With most hard alcohol, it gets easier to drink as the night goes on. If you are looking to get the best bang for your buck, I would definitely tell you to try this. We had 3 people drinking on the 750ml bottle and it went a lot quicker than I thought it would.
Wódka Vodka is located in New York, New York, and the vodka is imported from Poland. I would like to see them add a link on there website to locate Wódka Vodka to purchase at retail locations. If you have any questions about the Vodka you can contact "Farmer Bob" at FARMERBOB@WELOVEWODKA.COM or friend his unique personality on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/farmerbobwodka. They are also on twitter @RealWodkaVodka. Make sure to check out their zany website at http://welovewodka.com/.
Might have some edited photos in a few days from Dirty Jerz. We did take some video, but it got a little goofy. I guess you just have to taste Wódka Vodka and experience it for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment