Monday, September 12, 2011

Distribution and "Choices"

Pepsi Vending Machine

There are multiple Pepsi vending machines like this one where I work and at the bottom it says "Thanks for choosing Pepsi", which makes you feel good about your purchase. Pepsi is pretty much the ONLY choice available at work, and at my University Coke was the only choice. So maybe they could say something like "Thank you for not drinking coffee or water on your break." If it was a true choice I would have had many options and the power to make a decision based on my current thirst situation. I didn't want to drink water, and I am not a coffee or tea drinker either. I was really craving something with real substance like POM Wonderful or Naked Juice. I ended up finding a Snapple which is a little bit better than a soda I guess. So next time you are anywhere and you are thirsty, just realize that your "choice" can just be based on what is available through distribution and contracts. When you think about it, it is really hard to predict what you are going to be craving at any certain time in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment